Te Ao Māori Manager Role
BLAKE is seeking a Te Ao Māori Manager to help us deliver on a strategic organisational priority to integrate te ao Māori into both our daily working environment and the programmes we deliver.
* Exciting opportunity to lead cultural change within the organisation and among key stakeholders and audiences
* Ability to help develop future Māori environmental leaders and educators
* Fantastic Auckland Viaduct location
ABOUT THE ROLE
* This is a full-time position primarily responsible for integrating te ao Māori into the organisation’s daily working environment and the programmes we deliver.
* The successful candidate will be required to develop strong and enduring relationships with iwi and other Māori partners, and to ensure our programmes are both attractive to and effective for Māori ākonga and kaiako.
* The position will also directly deliver a Māori adaption of our BLAKE NZ-VR programme in te reo into Māori medium school settings.
KEY PROGRAMME RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with the Programme Manager(s) and Head of Community Engagement to incorporate mātauranga and te ao Māori into each of our programmes, ensuring high quality and impactful content is delivered that adds value to our customers.
* Ensure our programmes are attractive, accessible and effective for Māori.
* Build relationships with relevant organisations and people to promote our programmes to ensure Māori representation within the programme applications we receive.
* Build and maintain relationships with Māori (individuals and organisations) who provide support and content for our programmes. This will include iwi, Māori business, universities and other experts.
* Deliver BLAKE NZ-VR to Māori medium schools and other relevant Māori language settings.
* Support reporting to funders, stakeholders and Board on BLAKE programmes and activity, as required.
* When required, be a spokesperson for BLAKE in local, regional and national visits to sponsors, stakeholders and media to promote partnerships and BLAKE programmes.
* Contribute to and support all the programmes of BLAKE, as required.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
* A level of fluency in te reo Māori and English, both spoken and written.
* Strong understanding of tikanga and te ao Māori and how to practically apply these capabilities.
* Strong Māori relationships across a range of settings and with diverse interest groups.
* Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
* Strong interest in the natural environment and an interest in the role of education.
* Strong team player with an ability to work closely with a small tight-knit team.
* A full New Zealand Driver’s License
For full Job Description download the PDF document below.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 1 MARCH